Like they always say, actions speak louder than birds— it’s fightin’ time again! Kristy gets and loses a bird, Marcus rises, we meet Keenan, Thomas manpains, Keenan’s bird helps out, Yoshi rearranges her flower into a different flower, and then Merukimon sends everyone home.
In this episode, we discuss at this season’s unique pacing, Jeff looks at Data Squad’s compelling use of Digimon death mechanics, Ashley talks about walls, and we debut a new segment! (spoiler alert: vending machine)
Thanks for listening!
Episodes Covered: (digimon go to the polls to rate these episodes!)
- Ep 12: “The Digi-Egg That Fell to Earth”
- Ep 13: “The Rise of RizeGreymon!”
- Ep 14: “The Wild Boy of the Digital World”
- Ep 15: “The Gorge of Deception!”
- Ep 16: “Falcomon: Friend or Foe?!”
- Ep 17: “Yoshi’s Biggest Battle: The One with Herself”
- Ep 18: “The Clash With Merukimon!”
Weekly Question: Which Data Squad character has the best backstory and why? (Email us a voicemail with your answer!)
◿ Intro [0:00:00]
◿ General [0:04:23]
- Thomas H. Norstein
- Yoshino Fujieda
- Marcus Damon
- Kristy Damon
- Cardcaptor Sakura
◿ Death in Digimon [0:42:05]
◿ Why Walls Don’t Work [0:50:17]
- “The World is Full of Walls That Don’t Work”
- “Native History: White Child Abducted by Delaware Embraced Native Life”
◿ Game Show Gattai [1:01:46]
- Lightning #1: Which DATS agent would have the best halloween costume?
- Lightning #2: Which DATS agent would enjoy Thor Ragnarok the most?
- Digi-Feud: Ashley vs. Jeff
- Keenan (Ikuto) spends most of his childhood in the Digital World. If you could take one human character from Digimon Seasons 1-4 (Adventure, 02, Tamers, or Frontier) and rewrite their history so that they grew up in the Digital World, who would it be?
- Lightning #3: Which DATS agent would know the most memes?
- Lightning #4: Which is the better DATS computer operator?
- Prediction Jurisdiction: Ashley vs. Asher
- How would you rank the first 5 seasons of Digimon?
- Bonus: Who is better: Miki or Megumi?
◿ Unanswered Questions [1:22:59]
◿ RDD [1:27:37]
◿ Gender Quiz [1:34:04]
◿ Terminal Judgment [1:41:05]
◿ Plugs [1:48:12]
- Ashley: The Better Angels of Our Nature
- Asher: Doki Doki Literature Club!
- Andrew: Mini exercies bikes
- Jeff: Juni Taisen
◿ Outro [1:55:54]
- 0:00:00: Intro
- 0:04:23: General
- 0:42:05: Death in Digimon
- 0:50:17: Why Walls Don't Wrok
- 1:01:46: Game Show Gattai
- 1:22:59: Unanswered Questions
- 1:27:37: RDD
- 1:34:04: Gender Quiz
- 1:41:05: Terminal Judgment
- 1:48:12: Plugs
- 1:55:54: Outro
The podcast is made possible with support from our awesome Patremon. If you want to support the show and get some cool rewards (like stickers, buttons, and early episodes), check out our Patreon campaign.
Music used in this episode:
How would you rate these episodes?
|•||Ep. 12:||The Digi-Egg That Fell to Earth|
|•||Ep. 13:||The Rise of RizeGreymon!|
|•||Ep. 14:||The Wild Boy of the Digital World|
|•||Ep. 15:||The Gorge of Deception!|
|•||Ep. 16:||Falcomon: Friend or Foe?!|
|•||Ep. 17:||Yoshi’s Biggest Battle: The One with Herself|
|•||Ep. 18:||The Clash With Merukimon!|
How would you rate this arc?
The fallen people will invoke the name of the undead Digimon king and when the clock strikes the hour of the beast...