After 4 months and 3 specials, it’s finally time for the epic finale of Podigious Season 2: The 02 Retrospective Special! At over 3 hours, it’s our longest episode ever, so settle in for an awesome discussion! We dive into the season with categories like DigiDestined, Digimon partners, and villains, discuss our favorites and results of the polls from May, and break down what did and didn’t work and why (spoiler alert: 02 was really ambitious and less than perfect!). We also take a detour into meta country and discuss Podigious’s second season with various stats and listener-submitted favorite clips.
Note: This episode was recorded in May before the first Tri PV, so a bunch of our Tri speculation is outdated or predicated on assumptions of a weekly series. Keep in mind that although it’s been 4 months since we released the 212, we recorded this episode less than 2 months after watching 02, so we had taken a step back but our memories were fairly fresh. Also, Asher’s audio qualtiy isn’t great this episode because a temporary computer wasn’t set up correctly, which we didn’t realize until after recording for 5 hours. Sorry about that! Shouldn’t happen again.
- 0:11:28: [CedarMill] Epilogue revisited inspiration
- 0:22:13: [SmileWolfy] Listener UQ: Drunk JAshley
- 0:22:40: [Martin P] Listener UQ: Search engine
- 0:23:27: [kari_is_my_favorite] Listener RDD: Fillet of Matt
- 0:24:14: [Martin P and alexnichele] Listener RDD: Jellyfish kids
- 1:37:19: [Airdramon] Takeru and Hikari character songs
- 1:41:22: [adventure-hearts] Problematic aspects of Taiora
- 1:42:58: [Resa] On fans shaming Sora
- 1:43:59: [Martin P] Drawing of Angewomon and Veemon
- 1:44:13: [Nan] 02 as underachieving child
- 1:44:57: [Togetak] Y2K Bug
(Show image attributions)
Our intro music is “Here We Go” by Jason Gochin, and our transition and outro music is “I'm Going Digital” by Jasan Radford. Both are available on the soundtrack for Digimon: The Movie. Ad music is by Eric Skiff.
The fallen people will invoke the name of the undead Digimon king and when the clock strikes the hour of the beast...