We dive into our discussion of Digimon Adventure by covering the first part of the File Island arc, up to Devimon's introduction. We discuss gender dynamics, localization, growth, tone, weirdness, and evaluate the arc as an introduction to Digimon.
- Ep. 1: “And so it begins...”
- Ep. 2: “The Birth of Greymon”
- Ep. 3: “Garurumon”
- Ep. 4: “Biyomon Gets Firepower”
- Ep. 5: “Kabuterimon's Electro Shocker”
- Ep. 6: “Togemon in Toy Town”
- Ep. 7: “Ikkakumon's Harpoon Torpedo”
- Ep. 8: “Evil Shows His Face”
- 0:21:38: The Digimon Giflog
- 0:28:21: Was File Island a Stand-Alone Series? (With the Will)
- 0:32:03: Crests
- 0:35:53: Inuyasha
- 0:37:51: Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden (Pokemon Episode 51)
- 0:39:14: Video about Ash's Age
- 0:39:36: Pikachu & Pichu (Pokemon short)
- 0:44:02: Escaflowne
- 0:50:17: Our War Game!
- 0:56:34: Brooklyn Nine-Nine
(Show image attributions)
Our intro music is “Here We Go” by Jason Gochin, and our transition and outro music is “I'm Going Digital” by Jasan Radford. Both are available on the soundtrack for Digimon: The Movie.comments powered by Disqus
The fallen people will invoke the name of the undead Digimon king and when the clock strikes the hour of the beast...